Vice President Tax and Compensation
The Vice President Tax and Compensation (VP TC) is responsible to develop, coordinate, and implement a tax and compensation service delivery strategy for the regional T & C client base. The position manages a team of T&C Managers and Coordinators to ensure the timely delivery and accuracy of all client deliverables, as well as the optimization of the T&C team. The VP TC, also acts as a Subject Matter Expert in multiple subject areas relating to assignment management, will serve as a senior level contact to all regional clients and will work towards becoming a trusted advisor to the top 5 regional clients. It is expected that the VP TC will assist the regional business unit with its sales efforts for prospects and existing clients. The VP TC reports to the Executive Vice President.
The position supervises the International T&C Managers, T&C Coordinators, Senior T&C Coordinators, and T&C Team Leads.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and manages the day-to-day operations of a T&C team including daily interaction with team members, presenting at staff meetings, training staff on process and technology, assisting in the monitoring of workloads, and the resolution of issues.
- Responsible for the quality and timely delivery of all scheduled and ad-hoc services from the international T&C team. These services include, but are not limited to cost projections, compensation worksheets (balance sheets), assignment letters, payroll, shadow payroll reporting, and global compensation collection and review.
- Assists proactively in the development and implementation of assignment processes and best practices across the client base.
- Supports the region with regard to all sales efforts for prospects and existing clients including responding to proposals, presentations, technology demonstrations, Client Summit participation, and industry networking.
- Assists in the development and/or testing of new technology products and enhancements to current technology systems. Ensures successful implementation of new T&C products/services.
- Supervises the review of project deliverables for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to policy. Monitors delivery of services and their due dates to ensure all applicable service level metrics are met. Adjusts the workload of the team to maximize efficiency and meet all service level metrics.
- Exercises judgment on suitable responses to requests or questions received from the client or other party. Provides guidance to team members on how to respond to questions.
- Responsible for the delivery of broader, periodic products and services including new client implementations, consulting and ad hoc reporting, as well as specific deliverables such as ongoing and year-end compensation collection, wage reconciliations, eligibility lists, etc.
- Reviews year-end project plans and implementation plans; maintains oversight role of the year-end process and other deliverables for each client.
- Responsible for ensuring that best practices and approved processes are utilized by the team on a uniform and consistent basis.
- Identifies process breakdowns or deficiencies as they occur, involving the Regional Vice President (RVP) in order to rectify and resolve issues. In conjunction with the resolution of daily process-related issues, continually evaluates existing processes and make recommendations to the RVP.
- Keeps the RVP informed on a regular basis of ongoing activities and escalates unresolved issues in a timely manner. Handles escalations from the client whenever possible and seeks timely resolution.
Education, Certification, and License Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA / MA Taxation preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Enrolled Agent (EA) certification strongly preferred
- Global Mobility Specialist (GMS) certification preferred
- Global Mobility Specialist Talent (GMS-T) certification preferred
Five (5) to Seven (7) years of experience in expatriate tax compliance, compensation, payroll, and/or assignment management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of global income and social tax laws and tax planning opportunities
- Advanced knowledge of global payroll and reporting requirements
- Strong client service skills and ability to handle service escalations as they arise
- Working knowledge of the human resources administrative area is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to generate reports and spreadsheets in Excel, using statistical formulas
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical skills and approach to problem solving
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong people management skills; ability to provide guidance and leadership to a team of individuals
If you have the experience and skills outlined above please submit your resume to us at www.signature-source.com or via a Word email submission to email@example.com. We will be in touch if after review we see the match for our Client’s needs.