Senior Proposal Writer
SENIOR PROPOSAL WRITER
Our client, a global mobility RMC leader, the senior proposal manager oversees all proposal activities, including managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing proposal outlines, monitoring the progress of the proposal, compiling, writing, formatting, proofing, editing, assembly and reporting. The ideal candidate will have strong proposal-writing skills, with relevant experience in the global mobility field. The position will work with subject matter experts across the organization to develop specific response-focused, technically accurate content to increase proposal win rates. The proposal manager will be responsible for setting up and maintaining the organization’s primary database tool used to manage all responses.
- Work in unison with the sales organization in managing and directing all proposal efforts and production activities across the relocation and corporate moving business lines.
- Partner with sales leaders to annotate proposal outlines with win strategies, themes, key messages and other pertinent proposal content.
- Assist in analyzing the RFP/bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the customer’s issues and needs.
- Manage proposal development and schedules, keeping the team and management informed of changes as they occur.
- Work effectively with internal subject matter experts to develop consistent, compelling responses to satisfy proposal requirements including proofing, editing and rewriting efforts as needed.
- Review completed proposal sections to ensure requirements are adequately addressed and that requirements are met.
- Coordinate with sales, executive leadership and marketing/graphics to prepare shortlist presentation strategies and fulfillment.
- Work with graphics team to develop charts and illustrations for use in proposal and presentations.
- Maintain the RFP database and develop and identify various boilerplate information.
Specific Job Skills:
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Thorough understanding of the global mobility industry.
- Excellent project management capabilities.
- Excellent understanding of company brand standards related to messaging and graphics.
- Understand typical production requirements, including methods of submitting documents, production timeframes, potential problems, printing parameters, etc.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills required.
- Ability to use problem-solving skills to schedule, organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all employee levels.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Individual must be technically savvy and a quick study to easily adopt new software.
- Ability to resolve problems associated with the development and formatting of a document, such as integration of graphics, application incompatibility, etc.
Bachelors’ Degree in English, Journalism, Literary Writing or equivalent with demonstrated professional experience.
Minimum of seven to ten years’ in proposal writing within the global mobility industry.
- Expert-level skill with Microsoft Office (primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Expert-level skill with Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with proposal or content management software. Experience with Qvidian proposal software a plus.
- Ability to use programs to capture, size and import screenshots and graphics into documentation.
- Ability to utilize and manage version control; likewise keep company document files current, up-to-date and organized.
- Visio, Gliffy or similar capabilities a plus.
- Adobe Creative or Digital Publishing Suite a plus.
If you have the experience and skills outlined above and are interested in this unique work arrangement, please submit your resume to us at www.signature-source.com or send a copy of your resume via email to us (Word format preferred) or email@example.com.