International Tax & Compensation Coordinator
INTERNATIONAL TAX & COMPENSATION COORDINATOR
A leading Global RMC organization is seeking a talented International Tax and Compensation Coordination who is responsible for facilitation the overall global delivery of compensation, tax and payroll related service for authorized client employees. The position works in conjunction with Assignment Counselors, International Expense Management and Client Shared Services departments to ensure client deadlines and service level agreement metrics are met. The position also supports the International Tax and Compensation Team Leader and management with overall project management and team training. The position is located in our Client’s regional office in the Chicago Northwest Suburbs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares, analyzes, and tracks expatriate payroll, compensation, benefits, global mobility and other assignment-related issues. Prepares compensation worksheets, payroll allowance calculations, cost projections, compensation summaries and W-2 reconciliations using standard software programs.
- Creates, develops, and administers the tax and compensation processes according to the client’s specifications and following the Company’s standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely documenting of conversations, exceptions, and correspondence in the system. Maintains file documentation and ensures data integrity. Adheres to the Company’s privacy and policies standards at all times.
- Works with management on various projects; reports back on project status and attends applicable meetings.
- Prepares international compensation calculations, including the calculation of hypothetical tax and assignment-related allowances such as cost of living and housing, as necessary using standard software programs.
- Coordinates all tax-related aspects of the assignee’s international assignment(s) with the tax return preparer as necessary.
- Creates individual letters of assignment and cost estimates according to the terms of the assignment, client policy and special circumstances as appropriate.
- Responsible for the quality and timely delivery of all International Tax and Compensation team services to ensure all applicable service level metrics are met. Reviews project deliverables for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to policy before sending to client. Adjusts team workload as appropriate.
- Responds to payroll inquiries, policy interpretation, and expense questions from clients and assignees.
- Advises on enhancements or improvements to the client’s administration of services and/or processes and works with the International Tax and Compensation Team Lead or International Tax and Compensation Manager on process improvement activities.
- Assists with the training of new team members. Coordinates with team members to assist on the training of new processes and procedures. Ensures team members are following established protocols. Monitors team members’ customer service skills.
- Attends daily/weekly meetings to review all upcoming projects and deadlines.
- Reviews and prepares monthly and quarterly reports for both internal and external distribution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Certification, and License Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related area required
Global Mobility Specialist (GMS) certification preferred
Enrolled Agent (EA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certifications preferred
One (1) to four (4) years of relevant international compensation accumulation, payroll, reporting, assignment management, and/or expatriate tax compliance experience strongly preferred
Direct client interaction and advisory experience required
If you have the experience, and skill requirements outlined to fill this critical position, please update/input your resume in www.signature-source.com. You may also send us a resume (Word Document preferred) to email@example.com . After our review of your qualifications, if your experience meets the needs of our client, we will be in touch with you to schedule a screening call. If not, please know that we will keep your information confidential and notify you when an opportunity does become available that is a better match for your experience.