Director Relocation Operations
DIRECTOR RELOCATION OPERATIONS
Our Client is seeking an accomplished and customer-focused Director Relocation Operations (DRO) to serve in a leadership position in its Orange County service center. The successful candidate will possess a wide range of domestic and global mobility skills, client relations and operational management experience. Critical to this position will be the ability to directly manage service delivery teams, support teammates, coordinate global suppliers, and directly interface with the organization’s Human Resources clients to yield an outstanding experience for both transferees and corporate customers. This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded professional to apply their expertise, managerial and organizational skills, program management and overall relocation expertise to support continued growth within a collaborative work environment. The key is “entrepreneurial-minded” with respect to driving for results, out of the box service delivery, revenue growth and personal income earning opportunities beyond the traditional “in-the-box” programs for management. The ideal candidate will either currently be located in Southern California, have a personal tie to the area and/or willing to relocate with a commitment to our client, the leadership role and a lifestyle choice in one of the most highly coveted areas of the United States.
Lead, direct and manage the overall service delivery of the Client’s experienced teams of relocation professionals dedicated to building long-term client partnerships by exceeding Transferees’ expectations and providing high levels of customer service for both domestic and global mobility clients. The Director’s first responsibility is to promote an environment of boundary-less behavior with a focus on exceptional customer care and cost performance.
The Director will act in harmony with the Director Client Services supporting the client’s needs and expectations. The successful candidate will also partner with corporate clients in the area of policy development, client relations and conflict resolution. Attendance at client meetings will be needed, to discuss procedures and the Client’s relocation service delivery model/process flow. High visibility to the clients will be required in the role and the proven track record of client retention will be required. The Director must possess a thorough understanding of domestic and global relocation operations, team leadership, management experience and successful client relationship skills. Reporting to the Director will be Manager(s) of Relocation Services and their team members.
Skill set for Success:
- Ability to lead others and build/manage an effective operational team.
- Strong domestic and global relocation operations expertise.
- Solid client relations building skills with a proven track record of client implementation, successful on-boarding and long-term relationship management
- Ability to multi-task effectively, prioritize and delegate
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and personal)
- Respect and appreciation for the entrepreneurial organizational culture
- Ability to work successfully and thrive in a small office team environment while bringing best practices to common practice.
- Ability to roll up one’s sleeve to assist with tactical service and/or process issues and in the next minute, be strategic in driving service excellence across the organization.
- Strategic talent asset management – recruit, hire, on-board and retain top talent for the client’s organization.
- Strong process management functionality
- Technology proficient – Microsoft Office and web hosted applications
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum 7-10 years relocation industry experience in service delivery, client relations or both
- Desire and ability to work in a small office environment
- CRP and GMS designation a plus
- Strong corporate client references required
- Ideally located in Southern California or within the Southwestern Region and willing to relocate permanently to the area
If you would be interested in being presented for this opportunity, please update and/or submit your resume to www.signature-source.com or send us a soft copy of your resume via a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your experience and skills match what our client is seeking, we will be in touch with you to determine next steps. If not, then we will respectfully retain your resume in our proprietary and confidential database for future opportunities. Your inquiry will be held in the strictest of confidence. Thank you!